LifeStraw Family is a large volume water purifier providing up to 4750 gallons or 18000 liters of water, enough to supply a family of five with clean drinking water for up to three years. It’s useful to have at home to purify contaminated tap water in the event of boil water advisories or emergency situations. In a worst-case scenario, you can rely on the LifeStraw Family to purify water from any freshwater source near your home.
Lightweight and portable, LifeStraw Family is perfect for point-of-use water filtration while travelling or camping in remote areas. It makes filtering water a breeze at base camps, while vehicle camping or camping with groups.
- Membrane ultrafilter purifies water and protects against 99.999% of viruses, 99.999999% of bacteria, 99.999% of parasites, 99.999% of microplastics, dirt, sand, and cloudiness; 0.02 micron pore size
- Meets NSF/ANSI P231 standard for reduction of viruses, bacteria and parasites
- Membrane ultrafilter lasts up to 4,755 gal |18,000 L
- Weight: 1.17 lbs | 0.53kg
- Hose length: 39.36 in
- Filter size: 12.59 in
- Product length: 60.24 in
- Max flow rate: 3.1 gal/hr | 12 L/hr
How It Works
Ultralight and portable, the LifeStraw Family filter makes contaminated water safe to drink. Over 13 million households worldwide have used the LifeStraw Family to purify drinking water in communities without access to clean water. This portable water purifier removes waterborne bacteria, parasites, viruses, and microplastics, and reduces turbidity up to 0.02 microns. The LifeStraw Family will purify 4,755 gallons (18,000 liters) of contaminated water into safe drinking water, enough to supply a family of five with for three years.
The hollow fiber membrane removes:
• 99.999999% of bacteria (E. coli)
• 99.999% of parasites (Giardia, Cryptosporidium, etc.)
• 99.999% of microplastics
• 99.999% of viruses (Rotavirus, Hepatitis A, etc.)
We believe that responsible manufacturing includes creating and maintaining a strong evidence base for our product claims and their intended impacts. All products undergo rigorous independent testing to meet or exceed protocols established by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) We also built and run an ISO accredited water laboratory based in Vietnam that does quality validation and testing of all of our new and existing products.
• Hollow fiber membrane filter: 0.02 micron pore size. Removes 99.999% of viruses, 99.999999% of bacteria, 99.999% of parasites, and 99.999% of microplastics.
• Also removes turbidity (silt, sand, and cloudiness).
• Meets US EPA drinking water standards for bacteria and protozoa reduction.
• Meets highest, 3 star category based on testing under the World Health Organization household water treatment performance scheme
• Purifier lifetime: 4,755 gallons (18,000 liters)
• Flow Rate:12 liters/hr
• EPA Est. No. 95395-KOR-1
• WARNING: Cancer and reproductive harm. Learn more www.p65warnings.ca.gov